Your Frequently Asked Questions, Answered!
We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions below. If you don't see the question or answer you are looking for below, please feel free to send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
What services do you offer?
- We provide our clients with Professional Services in Makeup Application, Hair Styling, as well as Wardrobe Styling (dupatta draping) and Bridal Jewelry Placement. We also specialize in air-brush makeup and working with hair extensions. We like to cater to each individual's style based on your preference.
What types of products do you use?
-Our makeup kits include many Private Labels and Pro Makeup Artistry brands as well. Our kits range from NARS, DIOR, Bobbi Brown, M.A.C, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Urban Decay, Inglot, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Makeup Forever, Charlotte Tilbury, Smashbox, Fenty Beauty, Morphe, NYX, Sephora, Tarte Cosmetics, Too Faced Cosmetics, Stila, Cover FX, ColourPop Cosmetics, etc. Our products are high in quality and cater to the “HD” High Definition world as well as natural Glam. We also offer a range of waterproof, sweat resistant products that won’t smudge as your day progresses. For wearability please read below under “touchups” section.
Do you sanitize your makeup/hair tools and brushes?
-Sanitation is very important to us and we take great care in sanitizing our brushes, tools and makeup before applying on a new client. Our entire team of artists is schooled in proper sanitation methods. We also use a range of disposable applicators for such applications as lip-gloss and mascara for bridal parties. We wash and clean our brushes after every application and disinfect our products with alcohol to provide you with a high standard of excellence in our work ethics and your experience.
Do you have experience working with my skin type and tone?
-Yes! We are trained makeup artists and have a range of experience with all different skin-types and skin-tones. Whether you are dark, pale, olive, or tan, have skin concerns such as redness, dark circles, wrinkles, scars or uneven skin-tone, we work with your skin to give you an even, flawless application so you look stunning in your pictures!
Can you work with my hair to get the desired style I Want?
-Yes! Our trained Hair Stylists have experience in working with course thick hair, to curly, and thin straight hair. We work with you in the trial process to see what your hair is like in terms of texture and length, and can also help make recommendations based on what we see. We recommend you collect images of a few different styles that appeal to you so we can get a good idea of what you are looking for and work with you in achieving your desired look! We also offer our clients the option of hair extensions and hair stuffers to achieve any desired look you can dream up!
When should I book my trial session?
- We recommend having a trial session as soon as possible, or at least 2-3 weeks before your event date; so we can go over details in terms of colors, looks, and what would best suit you for your big day. We want you to feel comfortable with your artist(s) and trust the talent you are booking! Any comments, changes, likes and dislikes should be voiced during your trial consult. We want to see our clients satisfied and happy on their special day!
- The Bridal Homework is a great way for M-Sutra Bride to match you with the right artist(s) to achieve the desired look best. We request our clients have an active hand in choosing their desired “perfect look.” We recommend our “Brides-To-Be” to do some basic research to form a type of look or style they are more drawn to, in terms of hair, makeup and or henna before the consult. Bridal Homework consists of you exploring the web and magazines to come up with a few images of what styles appeal to you most. We will communicate about looks and desires via phone or e-mail before the consult so we have a better idea of what you are looking for and come prepared to achieve it!
Bridal Consultation Facts:
• All Brides who book a Wedding Session with M-Sutra Bride are requested to have an over the phone Consultation OR a Bridal Preview Session Prior to the big day. This session is designed for the bride to meet the artist(s) and to figure out the complete look her artist(s) will be creating on the wedding and reception dates. The Bride gets to try out a desired look of her choice and talk about adding on extensions if needed on the wedding day as well as the option of airbrush makeup application at no additional charge.
If you cannot decide whether to wear your hair up or down, or your makeup simple or dramatic, your trial session is the best time to ask these questions and see what may look most flattering on you. We offer full makeup and hair application on our Bridal Previews which normally run about 2 hours at our studio location. We also offer our clients the option of a makeup only Bridal Preview with a verbal hair style consult with Mitasha.
Mitasha will complete one full makeup look of your choice as well as go over hairstyling options with you based on your hair texture, length and desired look. Mitasha is Ash Kumar and Dress Your Face Hair and Makeup certified and will be able to help determine and answer any hair related questions you may have as well. Bridal Previews can run anywhere between 1- 2.5 hours max.
A Separate consultation fee (non-refundable) is required the day of the trial which is $200-$300 and covers our time, effort & supplies used.
The Following are needed to complete your Bridal Booking with us:
• A contract is usually signed in advance or at the end of the Consult Session. And details are discussed about the timings and location for the event date(s).
• M-Sutra Bride requires an $200-$300 non-refundable fee on day of trial/consult session separate from the contract to cover time and supplies used, depending on if you get the basic consult or the Ultimate Trial Session.
• A 20%-30% booking deposit is also required at time of contract signing that will go towards your Bridal Package total and will be deducted from your final total due during the event.
• Clients are requested to pay the full amount due for services rendered 1-2 weeks prior to event date electronically through Venmo or Zelle OR at the beginning of their event prior to our team starting services. CASH ONLY is requested on all Day of Event Payments.
Can I do a trial run without booking a wedding package?
-Absolutely! The charges of a regular Bridal Preview are $200-$300 non-refundable and are required for most bookings. The payment is due at the beginning of your bridal consultation. Normally brides book us in advance and conduct their preview closer to their wedding dates so they have their proper jewelry and dupattas ready for the look, but you also have the option to conduct a preview before booking. After the consultation, if you are satisfied with your look, a contract is signed at the end of the trial and booking fee is rendered or can be emailed to you within 2 business days.
-We offer our soon-to-be brides the option of the Complete Bridal Preview which lets you try out one complete bridal look of your choice as well as the option to add on airbrush foundation application and verbal consultation on extensions styling with a complete hair style of your choice with current hair.
Bridal Preview: $300 2-3 hours
-We also offer a makeup-only bridal consultation or preview which includes a complete makeup look of your choice with a verbal hair consultation. This includes false lashes and airbrush option for foundation.
Makeup Only Preview: $200 1-2 hours
What is required to book a date?
-A signed contract, the consultation/trial session date, along with the consultation fee, and a 20%-30% deposit (non-refundable) booking retainer that goes towards your total package, are all that is required to book a wedding date with M-Sutra Bride.
Can I have my maid-of-honor, mother, sister, or cousin at my Consultation Session?
-Yes! We encourage you to have as much support as you would like for your trial run so everyone is on the same page for your special day. It’s a good idea to have at least one person you really trust to be with you during this fun session to help give you and us constructive feedback so your look is polished on the big day!
Do you do “Mom” hair and makeup?
-Yes! We love working with everyone in the Family, anyone can enjoy the M-Sutra Bridal Touch. Our styles are very versatile and we are happy to work with all age categories. Mother of the bride, Grandmother, Sister, Aunt, Child, cousin, anyone! We also offer guest pricing and custom packages with group discounts for larger bridal parties.
Do you apply Airbrush Makeup?
-Yes! We offer airbrush-machine application upon request, which is the most flawless and waterproof coverage that will last all day and feel and look like your skin! I recommend airbrush makeup to all of my brides, especially during the summer months!
- Airbrush is an additional charge of $50 per service and must be booked in advance. We use the Temptu airbrush system on our clients.
What about Touch ups?
-Our Professionally applied makeup will last the duration of your event with proper care. We finish all makeup applications with a touch of setting spray from Gerard Cosmetics, M.A.C, Skindivia or Urban Decay, etc (depending on your skin type) which helps give your makeup a boost in staying power through sweat and tears! We also use waterproof or long lasting products on your skin and hair so your makeup application and hair styles can last all day and through a night of song and dance!
Do you have a Studio Location?
-Currently we have no need for a studio except for Bridal Previews which are held at my home in Antioch. However, for the actual event; we travel to your location. We find this method to be more stress-free and convenient for our clients as well.
How far do you travel and where are you located?
-We are able to travel nationally and internationally as needed. However, traveling charges do apply. We are located in the East Bay Area and are currently catering to the areas of Santa Clara to Sacramento and everything in between. Our base location is Antioch, CA. Travel rates are based on .85 a mile round trip and every location will be charged travel. Our minimum travel rates start at $30 and up. Travel charges vary upon location and artists chosen (please inquire for more details). We also cater to destination weddings!
(Please Book at least 2 months in advance).
*Please Note: Destination Weddings require travel, airfare and lodging expenses to be paid ahead of time.
I live out of state and will not have time for a trial session; is that okay?
-Yes! We understand that some of our clients may have special needs and we have worked with brides without a trial session. We will however still require a signed contract and deposit fee in advance. We will work closely with you via phone or e-mail to ensure we are on the same page for your perfect look! Pictures and descriptions are a great way to communicate your desires. Our over the phone consultations are $50 and we discuss the details of your events and looks extensively as well as offer video chatting,
Do you cut, highlight or add extensions?
-No, we do not cut, color, or process hair in any way. In terms of extensions, we are able to work with and apply clip-in extensions that our clients supply us with on the event dates. We are able to help recommend websites to best suit your needs and recommend length and coloring for your extensions recommendations. We also apply hair pieces for hair buns as needed to add volume. All have additional charges and are listed on our price-sheets.
Do you provide Accessories such as bindis, tikkas, or hair jewels? What about Lashes?
-No, at this time we do not provide any additional accessories for our clients. If you would like flowers in your hair or any additional hair jewels, please supply them at time of application and we would be happy to apply them for you.
-We do however provide our clients with false eyelash application. Eyelashes are usually included in your total service charge unless you are given discount pricing for bridal parties in which case, eyelashes are an additional $20 per guest.
What Prep is needed from me on the event day?
-We ask our clients to have their faces washed and moisturized before we arrive to start the makeup processes. We also ask our clients to please wash your hair the day before to ensure we are not working on damp hair as blow-drying will be an extra charge and takes away from the styling time we are scheduled for. PLEASE DRY HAIR Prior to our arrival.
Also, please have a designated area for us to work in with ample space, good lighting and multiple chairs as well as a full length mirror.