Your Frequently Asked Questions, Answered!
We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions below. If you don't see the question or answer you are looking for below, please feel free to send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
What services do you offer?
- We provide our clients with Professional Services in Makeup Application, Hair Styling, as well as Wardrobe (dupatta draping) and Bridal Jewelry Styling and Placement. We also specialize in air-brush makeup. We like to cater to each individual's style based on your preference.
What types of products do you use?
-Our makeup kits include many Private Labels and Pro Makeup Artistry brands as well. Our kits range from Bobbi Brown, M.A.C, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Urban Decay, Inglot, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Makeup Forever, Lorac Pro, Smashbox, NARS, Morphe, NYX, Dior, Sephora, Tarte Cosmetics, Too Faced Cosmetics, Stila, Cover FX, Colour Pop Cosmetics, etc. Our products are high in quality and cater to the “HD” High Definition world. We also offer a range of waterproof, sweat proof products that won’t smudge as your day progresses. For wearability please read below under “touchups” section.
Do you sanitize your makeup/hair tools and brushes?
-Sanitation is very important to us and we take great care in sanitizing our brushes, tools and makeup before applying on a new client. Our entire team of artists is schooled in proper sanitation methods. We also use a range of disposable applicators for such applications as lip-gloss and mascara for bridal parties. We wash and clean our brushes after every application and disinfect our products with alcohol to provide you with a high standard of excellence in our work ethics and your experience.
Do you have experience working with my skin type and tone?
-Yes! We are trained makeup artists and have a range of experience with all different skin-types and skin-tones. Whether you are dark, pale, olive, or tan, have skin concerns such as redness, dark circles, scars or uneven skin-tone, we work with your skin to give you an even, flawless application so you look stunning in your pictures!
Can you work with my hair to get the desired style I Want?
-Yes! Our trained Hair Stylists have experience in working with course thick hair, to curly, and thin straight hair. We work with you in the trial process to see what your hair is like in terms of texture and length, and can also help make recommendations based on what we see. We recommend you collect images of a few different styles that appeal to you so we can get a good idea of what you are looking for and work with you in achieving your desired look! We also offer our clients the option of hair extensions and hair stuffers to achieve any desired look you can dream up!
When should I book my trial session?
- We recommend having a trial session as soon as possible, or at least 2-3 weeks before your event date; so we can go over details in terms of colors, looks, and what would best suit you for your big day. We want you to feel comfortable with your artist(s) and trust the talent you are booking! Any comments, changes, likes and dislikes should be voiced during your trial consult. We want to see our clients satisfied and happy on their special day!
- The Bridal Homework is a great way for M-Sutra Bride to match you with the right artist(s) to achieve the desired look best. We request our clients have an active hand in choosing their desired “perfect look.” We recommend our “Brides-To-Be” to do some basic research to form a type of look or style they are more drawn to, in terms of hair, makeup and or henna before the consult. Bridal Homework consists of you exploring the web and magazines to come up with a few images of what styles appeal to you most. We will communicate about looks and desires via phone or e-mail before the consult so we have a better idea of what you are looking for and come prepared to achieve it!
Bridal Consultation Facts:
• All Brides who book a Wedding Session with M-Sutra Bride are required to have a Consult or Trial Session Prior to the big day. This session is designed for the bride to meet the artist(s) and to figure out the complete look her artist(s) will be creating on the wedding and reception dates. If you cannot decide whether to wear your hair up or down, or your makeup simple or dramatic, your trial session is the best time to ask these questions and see what may look most flattering on you. We offer full makeup and hair application on our Ultimate Trials which normally run about 1.5 hours at our studio location. We also offer our clients the option of a makeup only trail with a verbal hair style consult with Mitasha. Mitasha will complete one full makeup look of your choice as well as go over hairstyling options with you based on your hair texture, length and desired look. Mitasha is Ash Kumar and Dress Your Face Hair and Makeup certified and will be able to help determine and answer any hair related questions you may have as well. Bridal trials can run anywhere between 1- 2 hours max. A Separate consultation fee (non-refundable) required the day of the trial is $100-$200 to cover time & supplies used.
The Following are needed to complete your Bridal Booking with us:
• A contract is usually signed in advance or at the end of the Consult Session. And details are discussed about the timings and location for the event date(s).
• M-Sutra Bride requires an $100-$200 non-refundable fee on day of trial/consult session separate from the contract to cover time and supplies used, depending on if you get the basic consult or the Ultimate Trial Session.
• A 20%-30% booking deposit is also required at time of contract signing that will go towards your Bridal Package total and will be deducted from your final total due during the event.
• Henna Consults are separate from Hair/Makeup Consultation Sessions, and require a separate contract and minimum $60 non-refundable deposit fee that will go towards the Henna Package when the contract is signed.
• Clients are requested to pay the full amount due for services rendered at the beginning of their event unless changes are being made during the event. CASH ONLY is requested.
Can I do a trial run without booking a wedding package?
-Absolutely! The charges of a regular Consult are $100-$200 non-refundable and are required for most bookings. The deposit is due at the beginning of your trial, and if you are satisfied, a contract is signed at the end of the trial and booking fee is rendered.
-We also offer our soon-to-be brides the option of the Ultimate Trial which is an advanced, more complete session including one full hair and makeup application. Brides usually book the Ultimate trial session to try our work before the Big Day. This session is designed for us to do the exact complete look for your wedding day. If you want to book us for a photo shoot, please note- the charges are different. This An Ultimate Trial can run between 1-2 hours max. A separate $160 Consultation Fee (non-refundable) is required on Trial Day if you are getting the full look with hair. This includes false lashes and airbrush option for foundation.
What is required to book a date?
-A signed contract, the consultation/trial session date, along with the consultation fee, and a 20%-30% deposit (non-refundable) booking deposit that goes towards your total package, are all that is required to book a wedding date with M-Sutra Bride.
Can I have my maid-of-honor, mother, sister, or cousin at my Consultation Session?
-Yes! We encourage you to have as much support as you would like for your trial run so everyone is on the same page for your special day. It’s a good idea to have at least one person you really trust to be with you during this fun session to help give you and us constructive feedback so your look is polished on the big day!
Do you do “Mom” hair and makeup?
-Yes! We love working with everyone in the Family, anyone can enjoy the M-Sutra Bridal Touch. Our styles are very versatile and we are willing to work with all age categories. Mother of the bride, Grandmother, Sister, Aunt, Child, cousin, anyone! We also offer guest pricing and custom packages with group discounts for larger bridal parties.
Do you apply Airbrush Makeup?
-Yes! We offer airbrush-machine application upon request, which is the most flawless and waterproof coverage that will last all day and feel and look like your skin! I recommend airbrush makeup to all of my brides, especially during the summer months!
- Airbrush is an additional charge of $50 per service and must be booked in advance. We use the Temptu airbrush system on our clients.
What about Touch ups?
-Our Professionally applied makeup will last the duration of your event with proper care. We finish all makeup applications with a touch of setting spray from Gerard Cosmetics, M.A.C, Skindivia or Urban Decay (depending on your skin type) which helps give your makeup a boost in staying power through sweat and tears! We also use waterproof or long lasting products on your skin and hair so your makeup application and hair styles can last all day and through a night of song and dance!
Do you have a Studio Location?
-Currently we have no need for a studio except for Bridal trials which are held at my home in Antioch. However, for the actual event; we travel to your location. We find this method to be more stress-free and convenient for our clients as well.
How far do you travel and where are you located?
-We are able to travel nationally and internationally as needed. However, traveling charges do apply. We are located in the East Bay Area and are currently catering to the areas of Santa Clara to Sacramento and everything in between. Our base location is Antioch, CA. Travel rates are based on .75 a mile round trip and every location will be charged travel. Our minimum travel rates start at $20 and up. Travel charges vary upon location and artists chosen (please inquire for more details). We also cater to destination weddings! (Please Book at least 2 months in advance).
*Please Note: Destination Weddings require travel, airfare and lodging expenses to be paid ahead of time.
I live out of state and will not have time for a trial session; is that ok?
-Yes! We understand that some of our clients may have special needs and we have worked with brides without a trial session. We will however still require a signed contract and deposit fee in advance. We will work closely with you via phone or e-mail to ensure we are on the same page for your perfect look! Pictures and descriptions are a great way to communicate your desires.
Do you cut, highlight or add extensions?
-No, we do not cut or process hair in any way. In terms of extensions, we are able to work with and apply clip-in extensions and can also supply clients with matching extensions at any desired lengths. We also apply hair pieces for hair buns as needed to add volume. All have additional charges and are listed on our price-sheets.
Do you provide Accessories such as bindis, tikkas, or hair jewels? What about Lashes?
-No, at this time we do not provide any additional accessories for our clients. If you would like a flower in your hair or any additional hair jewels, please supply them at time of application and we would be happy to apply them for you.
-We do however provide our clients with false eyelash application. Eyelashes are usually included in your total service charge unless you are given discount pricing for bridal parties in which case, eyelashes are an additional $10.
What Prep is needed from me on the event day?
-We ask our clients to have their faces washed and moisturized before we arrive to start the makeup processes. We also ask our clients to please wash your hair the day before to ensure we are not working on damp hair as blow-drying will be an extra charge and takes away from the styling time.
Do you take pictures? If so, what are those used for?
-Yes! We do require that at every event we are able to take a few pictures of our work done on clients that may be used on our website and promotional pages and Social Media such as our Facebook, website, Instagram and or Blog Pages. We do not share your personal information or pictures with any 3rd parties. Any pictures taken at the time of an event, become sole property of M-Sutra Bride. And these pictures may be used for promotional purposes related to our Beauty, Bridal & Design Services.